Sunday, March 29, 2009

Day Two.




See that picture? Proof I am alive, and at least made it to Germany.
...For the record.
And yes, those are my ballin' shades.
Alright, so. I didn't get the internet working until today on my laptop, and the French keyboards are a nightmare--trust me. Nothing like the American keyboards. And needless to say, I prefer the American keyboards.
Yesterday we arrived in France, and to our surprise, a group of the French students were waiting at the airport for us. We heard screaming, and kept asking "what's the screaming for?". Then we realized it was us. Hahaha. It was pretty great.
Then we took the two hour busride back to Strasbourg, and met up with the rest of the host families. Pretty fun stuff.
Um, lets see. We brought out things back to the host family's house, and getting the bags up the staircase? A nightmare. No handrails + heavy bags = NIGHTMAREEE. But yeah. That was an experience. Now that the bags are upstairs, the only challenge we face, is getting them back down. Not looking forward to that.
We put up our things, then left the house. We went to downtown Strasbourg, where Oriane showed me and Erin around a bit. We saw Fletcher with Yann, and Sarah with Emma. And Sam with Antoine, too. We walked through a few stores, and into this huge cathedral thing. And then walked along the river running thorugh the city.
The we went to Marie's house, with Flore and Grey, umm. Oh, and Courtney, of course. And a few other people, but I can't remember. I was so tired, hahaha. Then the rest of the day was just dinner, shower, bed. And may I add: I don't like the French showers.
Today Erin and I didn't get up until about 12:30. Yeah, jetlag is horrible. Then we went iceskating, which was pretty fun--but painful. I have pictures I'll upload at some point. Then we went to downtown Strasbourg this time, but as a group-- which was great. Then we went to a friend of Oriane's mom? I don't know, it's a little hard to tell what they mean with the broken english, but i'm getting used to it. Sorta. ANYWAYS. We ate there, and luckily, at least one guy spoke english. But I forgot his name...Vincent, maybe? He had this cute kid named Nina, and they had this head-to-head screaming fit. It was hilarious.
ANYWAYS. Now I'm about to go take a shower. Which, is pronouced 'douche' in French.
...way different from the American version of douche.
BUT IMMA KEEP THIS PG.
So, 'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment