Tuesday, April 7, 2009

France, Day Ten.

Yesterday: Paris, France.
Pretty ballin', if I do say so myself.
The Eiffel Tower was... tall. And we had to WALK down to the bottom.
Not such a great thing when you're scared of heights.
But the rest was pretty great.
Ryan and I decided to have lunch on the Eiffel Tower instead of at the park.
Just to say we ate on the Eiffel Tower.
We took pictures for proof, they're pretty funny.
But yeah.
The Louvre, or however you spell it, was.
Well.
Sorta over-rated-ish. I mean, sure.
It has the Mona Lisa.
But it was also about 3984739287 degrees inside the building,
the picture is small,
and there are about 89347398473 people crowding around it to see it.
I mean, the Louvre was pretty cool for the first 45 minutes.
Then the tour guide kinda started to bore me, so yeah.

The highlight of my Paris trip?
Free time, running around underneath the Eiffel Tower, eating icecream, and trying not to get any in my hair.
...Hahahaha.

Today:
Bowling with the frenchies.
I was prettyyyyy tired, so that didn't go too well.
4 frames and 2 pins into the game, I decided to quit.
So I just kinda chilled.

About 20somthing kids, French and American, decided to go to McDonalds in Downtown Strasbourg for lunch today.
1) never in my life have I seen THAT many people in a McDonalds at one time.
2) they sell beer at McDonalds in Strasbourg. Who knew?!
3) that was possibly THE best McDonalds I have ever tasted in my life.

After not eating anything relatively American for roughly a week and a half, McDonalds was exactly what everyone needed.

We had free time after that.
The French kids told all of us to stay at the school and not to leave, while they sat in class for an hour.
...Well, I guess we skipped school in France, then.
Shopping >>>>> Sitting at school for an hour.
Me, Ryan, Keith, Erin, Jessica, and Sarah all left campus to go get a little shopping done. I mean, we weren't the only one's who left. Basically everyone but like, 3 kids left. Even the teachers ditched.
I don't think the French kids knew anyone left, though. They told us they'd be out of class at 3, so everyone rushed to be back on school grounds by 2:55.
I mean, we're not little kids. We can find our way around Strasbourg.

Afterwards, was the European Parliament.
...I fell asleep.
So I don't really know what happened there.

No comments:

Post a Comment